Is it safe to get a tattoo or piercing?
Yes, completely safe for most people Tattoos and piercings are safe, as long as each artist and the entire studio strictly adheres to Universal precautions and Blood Borne Pathogen Safety. You can be assured that Soulrise Tattoo requires each artist to hold client safety as the first and foremost priority. We have the highest level of sterilization possible and go above and beyond all local health codes and laws. We do have a consent/waiver form which identifies certain instances when it would not be appropriate for an individual to receive tattoo or piercing, but these are rare instances.
Does it hurt?
Yes it hurts. But, there are lots of people walking around with tattoos and piercings so it’s not unbearable. There are many sensations used to describe it depending on each person and what area is being worked on. Some people even like it!
Can I bring my own picture or drawing for my tattoo?
Yes. This tattoo will be on you permanently so we want to be sure you are totally happy. Bring anything you think might help to capture exactly what you’re looking for your tattoo to reflect. We also have plenty of reference books available for ideas. No matter whether you know exactly what you want or don’t have a clue, we will always work with you to design a custom piece of art that you will love.
How much will it cost?
That depends on the size of the piece and the detail involved. Tattoos starts from £70.00 and we accept CASH ONLY.
Back pieces or sleeves are charged by the hour and smaller pieces are charged individually.
Some pieces cannot be completed in one sitting. You will be given a quote once you meet with the artist and go over the details of what you want.
Remember though, if another studio is willing do your tattoo super cheap BEWARE! Sometimes you get what you pay for and this is going to be on you forever. If you do go for the super cheap shop see question on fixing a bad tattoo!
It is our policy to collect a deposit when booking an appointment. We accept deposits via cash or credit card and the amount of the deposit required is decided upon by the individual artist. The deposit you leave will come off the final price of your tattoo. Artists carefully schedule and book their appointments based on blocks of time. If you do not show for your appointment, they often do not have adequate time to fill your vacancy and it hurts them. Deposits serve as a good faith gesture to hold your appointment and to compensate the artist if you fail to show for your appointment time. Deposits are NEVER refundable. If less than 48 hours notice is given for a cancellation, you lose your deposit and must leave another deposit if you wish to reschedule. If you cancel your appointment with more than 48 hours notice, you may apply your deposit towards your rescheduled appointment. We NEVER under any circumstances will refund a deposit. We are sorry if this policy causes any inconvenience but is necessary to protect the interests of our artists.
Can I Walk-In to get a Tattoo?
Walk-ins are welcome when the artist is free but we strongly advise you to get in touch with us prior to visiting the studio.
Are there any special requirements to get tattooed or pierced?
You must be 18 years or older for a tattoo or piercing due to local health rules and regulations. Piercings only may be done on 16-18 year olds with a guardian or parent present with ID to sign a waiver.
The age to tattoo is 18 and over as per the Tattooing of Minors Act 1969. We are strict in our requirements to ensure proper age and that valid legal parental consent is presented, so please call the studio at 020 8580 3009 ahead of time to find out exactly what you will need to bring to your appointment. For any tattoo or piercing, you must present a valid drivers license or photo ID which by law must be photocopied. You (and your parent/ guardian if your a minor) must also read and sign a waiver/ consent form.
Deposits are NEVER refundable. If less than 48 hours notice is given for a cancellation, you lose your deposit and must leave another deposit if you wish to reschedule. If you cancel your appointment with more than 48 hours notice, you may apply your deposit towards your rescheduled appointment. We NEVER under any circumstances will refund a deposit. We are sorry if this policy causes any inconvenience but is necessary to protect the interests of our artists.
I have a tattoo that's really bad, can it be fixed?
Our artists can usually cover up or fix most tattoos-even really bad ones so you would never even know they were there. We are always honest though. If we don’t think it can be successfully covered we will let you know and work with you on what options you do have so you will ultimately be happy. We never do a tattoo just to make a buck. This is a really good group of artists who take tremendous pride in their work and art. Be assured that the artwork on your body and how you feel about it is a reflection on them – meaning your satisfaction is VERY important!
What Tattoo Aftercare do you offer?
Aftercare guidelines for tattooing and piercing are given to every client.
How Do You Clean Your Tattoo?
- Wash your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap prior to cleaning or touching a new tattoo
- Keep the dressing on for approximately 2 hours. Do not cover again
- Gently wash your tattoo with warm water and antibacterial soap, making sure that you remove all traces of blood and soap
- Pat Dry it with disposable products such as paper tissues because cloth towels can harbour bacteria
Can I Help Healing Of My Tattoo?
- During healing, leave it alone except when cleaning
- During the first week, wash it twice a day with antibacterial soap
- Apply a very thin layer of the recommended aftercare ointment 3 to 4 times a day. The ointment should be gently patted on the tattooed area
- Do not use Vaseline, Savlon or Skin Moisturizers (Dive, Nivea…, etc.) on a fresh tattoo
- A scab will form on the tattooed area in about 2-4 days, it’s going to be very itchy. Do not scratch or pick it. The scan should come off by itself
- Allow your tattoo to heal, which can take approximately 10 days, thereafter use unscented body lotion to hydrate both your skin and your tattoo
- Tattoos always look best when moisturised. Taking care of your skin means taking care of your tattoo
What Should I Avoid Once I got My Tattoo?
- Trauma such as friction from clothing and excessive motion of the area
- Vigorous and over cleaning
- Sunbathing until your tattoo is fully healed (at least 45 days)
- Stress and recreational drugs
- Excessive use of caffeine & nicotine
- Alcohol should be avoided for at least a week before and after you get your tattoo done
- submerging your tattoo in bodies of water like bathtubs or pools for 1 month
- All beauty and personal care products on or around the tattooed area
- Spicy and flesh foods (meat, poultry and fish) for the first few weeks
Any Other Tips Once I have My Tattoo?
- The healthier your lifestyle, the easier it will be for your tattoo to heal
- Exercise during healing is okay, just listen to your body
- Wear clean, comfortable and breathable clothing that protects your tattoo while you sleep
- Showering is safer than taking a bath
- It takes several weeks for your skin to return to normal
- Once your tattoo is fully healed, keep it moisturised and when sunbathing always wear sunblock SPF50 to prevent the colours from fading